5 Star Luxury Accommodations in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Of the small luxury hotels in the Dominican Republic, ours is among the most unique. Select a room category based on your necesseties and explore the exclusive beauty each room offers and that together make up Casas del XVI. Even though the rooms are scattered throughout the houses, each house is attended by its own private mayordomo, or butler, whose main goal is to satisfy your every request. Because each home was conceived and built independently, each has its own individual design and floor plan. Kindly note that our pool access is subject to availability, please check with Concierge during your stay.
Discover more about our unique houses that make up Casas del XVI:
Casa del Arbol
Centuries ago, Casa del Arbol would have been displayed to visiting aristocrats as an example of one of the finest homes in the district. As a guest today, you will note its guest rooms surround and open to a charming and placid interior courtyard on the other.
- Located on the corner of Calle Padre Billini and 19 de Marzo in Colonial City
- Carries an eccentric semi-trapezoidal shape
- Named after the courtyard’s beautiful mango tree
- Houses a cute library
- Features local artwork & locally carved modern furniture
- Harvests the “pineapple” theme, an indigenous symbol of hospitality
Casa de los Mapas
Wake and find yourself gazing on the tranquility of the luscious central courtyard, where you can jump start your day with a dip in the inviting swimming pool. Here you will bask in an environment that combines historic elegance with modern comfort.
- Built in the Spanish Colonial era
- Modified in the 19th Century
- Recently underwent extensive restoration and conservation
- Features vintage maps of early colonial explorations
- Displays handcrafted indigenous art
- Decor with plantation-style furniture
Casa Macorís is in one of the most charming locales in Santo Domingo’s Colonial City. Here, time passes by with serenity marked by the chime of bells from the nearby churches.
- Named after the historic land on which it stands
- Originally part of the colonial era Convento de los Dominicos, which still stands a few steps away
- Features central garden with plunge pool
- Decorated with antique furnishings
- Displays original local artwork
Casa del Diseñador
Casa del Diseñador is the chicest abode in town. Once inside, you will feel the freshness of the ambience and be transported back to the 16th century and all the Spanish glory.
- Homage to the greatest designers of the Dominican Republic
- Domicile of our exclusive Royal Suite
- Patio with plunge pool and lounge area
- Exquisite dining room with a seating capacity of 12 people
- Entrance to the Chess Lounge is an arch from the 16th Century